Pumpkin puree is easy to make from scratch and has more flavor than canned pumpkin from the supermarket.
- sugar pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash pumpkins and cut into quarters.
- Scoop out the membrane and seeds. Save the seeds to toast and discard the membrane.
- Place the quarters on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until flesh is very soft.
- Cool until safe to handle, then use a spoon to scoop the flesh from the skin.
- Blend in batches until smooth.
Yield: 2-2.5 c. of puree per small pumpkin